Monday, September 17, 2007

Champions

What do I think of editing others peoples work? Well... in all honesty I bit bad about it haha, you see, the entire time I'm reading someone else's work (with the purpose of "correcting" it), I feel overly judgmental. As if "I could write this better". Which I guess is a good attitude to have, seeing as the entire purpose of this course is to "write better", and presumable "write better than what is being written now", but you see, I'm tempted to completely erase everything they wrote and just rewrite it with newly elaborated points, and quite frankly, a more interesting thesis.

I guess everyone writes differently.

Todays experience in particular was an interesting one, because the paragraph I was reading spoke about last years Ironman triathlon, and how inspiring the author found one of the athletes who had collided with a volunteer quite seriously. What was inspiring was how this participant got back on his bike, kept going.... (how inspiring indeed...)
Except for the fact (which the paragraph failed to mention) that that volunteer was seriously hospitalized....
I remember hearing about it on the news.

"I-AM-IRONMAN"

1 comment:

Mai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.